The Signs entertaining themselves in the town of Grinnell on your average Saturday morning

By Celestial Mistress, Celestial Maiden and Celestial Minion

Aries

Walking all the way down the bike path, past the high school and the abandoned fields before befriending a group of horses. They’ll have to shower when they get home; they vaguely smell of manure.  

Taurus

Trying on gowns at First Look Bridal Boutique, not a romantic partner in sight but full of hopes for that ring by spring. 

Gemini

Heading over to Dari Barn for a cool and sweet treat sounds like the perfect pick-me-up on this warm Saturday, but taking so goddamn long to eventually just decide on a mini vanilla sundae with cheesecake bites means their friends have already started walking back to campus, leaving them in the dust. This pick-me-up has turned into a serious drag-me-down.  

Cancer

Choreographing an interpretive dance in Central Park to the symphonic musical stylings of the bird noise machine. 

Leo

Strolling over to Saints Rest with a stuffed backpack, including their organic chemistry binder, their Roman history reading and of course, a little Octavia Butler, because they will not be doing homework.  

Virgo

Waking up at the crack of dawn to get the first pick at Grin City Bakery. You won’t catch a Virgo expecting there will be Buttermilk Bars left at noon!  

Libra

Ending senior year with a bang by single-handedly reviving South Campus’ most holy tradition: Alice. You’ll find them splayed on fresh grass, arguing with passersby that yes, they have now gained the ability to look directly into the sun. It only takes one to dig a rabbit hole! 

Scorpio

Ready to stunt on all the middle schoolers at the Grinnell Mutual Family Aquatic Center in the new monokini they snatched from last year’s dorm dive.  

Sagittarius

Going to the skatepark to dust off their Walmart-brand board but getting too intimidated by the horde of seventh graders pulling tricks on the half-pipe. Just keep walking – past the park and around the block. Walking with a skateboard is just as cool as riding one, right?  

Capricorn

Enjoying the sunshine during a picnic with friends atop the hill at Ahrens Park trying to ignore the intrusive thoughts reminding them of the last four Tinder dates they brought to this very spot.  

Aquarius

Cooing and shaking a handful of sunflower seeds on the Burling balcony, but there’s not a vaccinated squirrel in sight … @grinnellcollegelibraries needs to answer for this. 

Pisces

Speed-reading Made for Love on the fire escape between Loose and Read before their HBO Max free trial runs out, dodging cigarette butts dropping from the third-floor landing.