Hannah Agpoon, Graphic Designer

Photo+by+Paul+Hansen.+
Photo by Paul Hansen.

I joined the S&B as a writer in 2019 at the beginning of my second year at Grinnell, when I was in desperate need of a job. Several of my friends had worked for the paper the previous year, and though I thoroughly enjoyed reading their creative articles about everything from church bells to doughnuts, I did not have the same journalistic tendencies or drive as them. I was in it for one thing: the money.

Three years and many articles and graphics later, however, I could not be more thankful for the opportunity I had to work this job. My interviews with strangers and collaborations with peers are invaluable experiences that I will hold close long after leaving Grinnell. Witnessing the dedication to honest journalism on the staff has been inspiring, and I know that the future writers and visuals team of the S&B will continue to provide news coverage of impressive quality.

Thank you to Editor in Chief Eva Hill for her wit, leadership, and for sharing cat photos. Thank you to Abraham Teuber, our other EiC, who I was beyond lucky to share a workspace, dorm and best friendship with over my four years at Grinnell. Thank you to Ingrid Meulemans, my best friend since childhood, who got me started at the paper and single-handedly made my time at Grinnell 100 percent more fun. Finally, thanks to our readers. I hope you stick around!