Community Speaks: What’s your favorite part of fall?

The S&B’s Amanda Weber, along with photographer Mai Phuong Vu, went downtown and talked to some of the Grinnellians who were out and about. With the weather turning and autumn setting in, Weber asked: What’s your favorite part of fall?

Oh gosh, I don’t know. Here in Grinnell? I like the trees, you know, the leaves, all that, that’s real nice. It’s my first time here in the fall, so I guess those two things mainly. — Tim Ortiz

The color — fall color. We got cheated this year a little bit, didn’t we? Didn’t last for very long. — David Ellis

I love the colors. We were married in the fall, so I love the yellows and oranges and greens. — Chris Day

And I love the fall colors, I love when the trees start turning and then early in the morning when the sun comes out they just glisten. I just love that. Plus, I love getting ready for Halloween — decorating for fall and for Thanksgiving. — Donna Ricks

My favorite part of fall is Halloween because everybody gets to dress up and it’s fun watching the kids run around in their costumes and get candy and stuff. And it happens to be my birthday the day before, Oct. 30, so that’s probably my favorite part of the fall. — Ryan Price

The weather because then I can wear layers. Seven-layer Kalli Miner, that’s what they call me. — Kalli Miner