Day in the life

7:30 a.m. — I wonder why I took my underwear off in the middle of the night.
7:45 a.m. — Randomly select clothes with graphing calculator. End up with classy look today—black turtleneck sweater and sports coat.
7:59 a.m. — Greet housemates, talk about Day in the Life. We debate whether I should actually describe a day or whether I should just make up a day. I decide on the former. It seems disingenuous and essentialist to portray my life as all butchering deer, tanning hides and burning prairies (although I have done those things). If you disagree, I apologize. The request to not wear a shirt in the accompanying photo was also weird. I don’t wear a shirt because it is hot sometimes. To be pigeonholed as a wild savage is kind of offensive. Nonetheless, I let them keep the picture for identification purposes.
8:05 a.m. —Corn mush with maple syrup (traditional Mesquakie breakfast). No apples or raisins to put in it 🙁 .
9:38 a.m. — Pack bag for class, realize I left pea coat in Alabama! What am I going to wear to waltz!? Discuss debacle.
9:44 a.m. – 10:50: Earth Systems Science and Anthro classes.
11:54 a.m. — Go to lunch, discuss planned post-graduation bike trip through Alps at German table. Get an apple for corn tomorrow.
2:05 p.m. — Go home and discuss whether to make more potatoes for Eid al Adha, which someone in the house thought was the Festival of Slaughter but is in fact the Festival of Sacrifice. Nuance. Decide not to.
4:02 p.m. — Check weather, decide that this week will be good for burning the Ecohouse prairie.
4:20 p.m. — Go to the bank to cash a check and to Fareway to buy raisins (on a bike—yay exercise and the planet!)
4:40 p.m. — Find a pea coat for $15 at Annabelle’s Attic – what a deal!
5 p.m. — Go to Eid dinner and eat and talk about a park in China where you buy animals to throw to tigers.
7:14 p.m. —Go to the library. Guy whistling reminds me of a song in the Ocarina of Time. It’s not in Pandora so I pick a random station—Nelly radio. Haven’t listened to that in a while. Work on Econ problem set.
10:40 p.m. — Nelly radio has started to wander a bit to obscure alternative rap. Funny how Pandora does that.
10:53 p.m. — Go home. Ritual debate with girlfriend Aniko about showering before bed to keep the sheets clean vs. showering in the morning so hair doesn’t get messed up. I am in the latter camp.
11:32 p.m. — 50 push ups and 25 leg lifts.
11:36 p.m. —Into bed to read “The Economist.”
12 a.m. — Go to sleep.