Day in the Life: Duncan Wood ’16

Photo by JaeEun Oh
Photo by JaeEun Oh
Photo by JaeEun Oh

10:00 a.m. – Wake up, shower, read the news.

10:20 a.m. – Early morning bowling.

11:16 a.m. – Go to lunch early, eat, like, five hot dogs and wish they were tornádos.

11:52 a.m. – Go bowling w/ [brunseva].

2:00 p.m. – Go to my history seminar, Propaganda! Political Persuasion with Louise Carhart, ’17. Wonder why the course title is alliterative.

4:20 p.m. – Go bowling with many of my friends.

4:51 p.m. – Emotional affair.

5:00 to 7:00 p.m. – Cultivate my aesthetic.

7:06 p.m. – Attempt to download The Lazarus Plot 7”.

7:21 p.m. – Realize that I cannot find any of their music online, legally or illegally, which is pretty non-standard. I then proceed to trawl various music sites until I find someone who has put a copy of the 7” up for sale (in ‘good’ condition). Proceed to realize that I have no idea how you transfer music from vinyl to an electronic format.

7:26 p.m. – Look at instructions for transferring format. At this point I finally realize I have to buy some special equipment to make the transition, which in my opinion needs to be done, but also realize that said equipment costs upwards of $1,000 and that I am a college student. Consider just buying the vinyl to keep, but by the time I get back to the auction site it’s already gone.

7:40 p.m. – Get to dinner late, only eat a salad because nothing else is left.

8:12 p.m. – Go bowling.

8:46 p.m. – Start drinking with Cleve Second.

9:14 p.m. – Harass Misha Rindisbacher ’16, SGA Administrative Coordinator, for going on a run at night.

9:30 p.m. – Start talking shit about people with Bae/Ace/whoever happens to be in the room at the time.

9:41 p.m. – Go bowling and play Tekken.

9:45 p.m. – Ask [Evan] Bruns [’16] if he’s making plans tonight. 😉

10:20 p.m. – Buy a soda with quarters I found in one of my pockets.

10:25 p.m. – Realize I have homework to do. And a radio show.

11:00 p.m. – Go to KDIC 88.5, play some #rare music for an hour while contemplating the interior aesthetic of KDIC.

12:00 a.m. – Moon drops at midnight, and I know it’s so much longer. This is the season of the broken laugh and wistful eyes wandering up and down silvery sidewalks. This is the time of the year that is never supposed to end. Like the time you remembered your name in the middle of a rainstorm. But they are so fleeting, so helplessly fleeting, fighting and fingering and floating straight out of my arms. This is the time when you turn away and walk down a shadowy sidewalk. There’s a reply to a question I forgot to ask. This is the ending time, the ending time. The moment you reach the front of the light. Deliberate musings that burn my skin. It’s all so lasting, so lasting. This room and this taste and the grass clinging to my clothes. This tiny moment though it wants to, and it begs the aching trees that recline themselves in just one long lasting season.

12:07 a.m. – Midnight bowling.

1:00 a.m. – Pass out.