Day in the life: Iulia Iordache

Photo by Parker Van Nostrand
Photo by Parker Van Nostrand
Photo by Parker Van Nostrand

6:15 a.m.—“I’ve got my ticket for the long way ’round …”

6:25 a.m.—Okay, Anna Kendrick, I’m up, stop it with the cups. I hate this alarm. Make a mental note to change it. Brush teeth.

6:27 a.m.—Hear animal noises in the attic. Try to decide if it’s still squirrels or if we’ve moved on to zombie squirrels.

7:02 a.m.—Shower. Playing Disclosure’s “Help Me Lose My Mind,” which makes me miss Dany Jaime Garcia ’14.5. Realize it’s inappropriate to miss her in the shower. Continue missing her.

7:35 a.m.—Wonder whether I have time to continue reading the fun book my favorite prof suggested, or if I should actually read my articles for senior seminar?

7:36 a.m.—Fun book wins.

8:09 a.m.—Okay fine. I’ll do work now.

10:11 a.m.—Brunch time. Arugula salad with a bunch of stuff in it sounds good.

10:27 a.m.—Still hungry.

11:00 a.m.—Enter [Dean for Career Development] Mark Peltz’s office, talk about Global Grinnell stuff.

12:07 p.m.—Arrive at Cabinet meeting late.  Go through the agenda. Make more plans for the semester.

12:36 p.m.—Find out what SGA Cabinet has been up to during the weekend.

2:07 p.m.—Off to senior seminar.

3:13 p.m.—Not sure if what I just said makes sense or if the fact that I’ve been up for approximately seven hours is starting to show.

3:15 p.m.—Somebody else picked up on what I was saying. Okay. I’m probably being coherent.

4:08 p.m.—Check mail. It’s the intent to graduate form. Too real. Too soon. (But like, get me out of here).

4:20 p.m.—Message Allie Walker ’15 and Emma Morrissey ’15 to see if they’d be interested in going to Solera over the weekend.

5:03 p.m.—Start cooking dinner for myself and my roommate/spouse, Elsa Goldman ’15.

6:36 p.m.—Elsa’s on her way home. Time to set the table. Candles and wine and Jamie Oliver recipe.

7:30 p.m.—Attempt to do reading for Comparative and International Education class.

8:12 p.m.—Senioritis kicks in. I give up.

8:14 p.m.—Respond to a trillion e-mails SGA and non-SGA related. Accidentally miss a few as always.

8:56 p.m.—Oh wait, how did I get on BuzzFeed?

9:07 p.m.—Elsa wants to watch Girls. We cozy up with a glass of wine and try to decide if we should keep watching Lena Dunham in “Iowa” despite Adam’s absence.

10:20 p.m.—Go on Tinder. Consider how in a parallel college experience I would have liked to do a MAP on the dynamics of Tinder in rural Iowa. Swipe left for everyone.

10:26 p.m.—PJs, washing face, dealing with curly hair problems. Listen for the zombie squirrels in the attic again.

10:45 p.m.—zZzZZz…