Day in the Life: Ashur Bratt ’12

1:30 a.m. — Finally get into bed, though I should’ve been asleep hours prior—especially because I was watching “Dr. Strangelove” and avoiding work.

8:30 a.m. — Cell phone alarm goes off and I begin to stir rhythmically to either Amadou and Mariam, “What I Got” by Sublime, or “So Tired of Being Alone” by Al Green. It all depends on the day.

8:40 a.m. — If I haven’t fallen completely back to sleep, I rouse myself out of bed and put on the jeans and shirt that are lying somewhere on the floor. I generally find my clothing pushed to a corner of the room.

8:43 a.m. — Sit in bed for a minute or two and gather my thoughts, i.e. nearly fall back asleep sitting up.

8:44 a.m. — Run to the dining hall to grab a bowl of oatmeal and a bagel.

8:57 a.m. — Look at the clock and, though I have had a semester and a half of experience, still assume that I can get to Steiner for Philosophy in a minute or less.

9:02 a.m. — Quickly get up from breakfast and begin my “minute” run to Steiner.

9:06 a.m. — Arrive at Steiner and walk into Philosophy late, again. I just argue that it is my philosophy that time is irrelevant it doesn’t work.

11:50 a.m. — Either lay in bed playing Fight Night Round 3 or Rainbow 6 on my Xbox 360, engage in a very long lunch conversation with some cool people or complete the Bio work that I either didn’t start or didn’t finish the previous night.

2:13 p.m. — Look at the clock, freak out slightly, run to Bio Lab.

4:05 p.m. — Finally done with classes for the week.

4:06 p.m. — I walk around campus, given it’s a nice day, and socialize with people. This time is so much better than most other parts of the day. I value human interaction.

6:30 p.m — Go to dinner.

7:15 p.m. — Come home and begin homework—everyone makes fun of me for this part, given it’s a Friday night—and claim that I am staying in tonight to work.

9:30 p.m. — When I can no longer stand the pesterings of my friends, namely Gabe Schechter ’12 and Eric Ritter ’12, I get up, shower and get ready for the night.

10:00 p.m. — Finally ready for a nice relaxing Friday night, I begin festivities, generally without the slightest inkling of what the night holds in store for me.

4:32 a.m. — Fall asleep, generally wherever I may be at the time.