Day in the Life: Summer Wilke ’15

Contributed.

6:30 a.m.—Alarm goes off, I get out of bed and I start a morning bike ride with an episode of Community.

6:54 a.m.—Community ends. Switch to Pandora!

7:15 a.m.—Finish my morning ride and get ready for class. I realize that bringing my Peugeot and trainer to Grinnell was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

7:56 a.m.—Head off to my 8 a.m. German Class.

9:30 a.m. —Realize that I already need a nap.

10:00 a.m. —Enter Princess Palace, realize Fuji [Lindsay Fujimoto] ’15 is at class and nap in her bed anyways.

10:30 a.m.—Wake up and head to Noyce early. Run into Professor Wolf [Mathematics] who tells me a funny joke.

10:41 a.m.—Text Connie [Lee] ’15 about playing racquetball today.

10:43 a.m.—Response causes great disappointment because Connie can’t, but this quickly subsides because we reschedule for tomorrow.

11:00 a.m.—Abstract Algebra starts.

11:50 a.m.—Done with classes for the day.

11:52 a.m.—Play a game of foosball. (winner winner chicken dinner)

12:00 p.m.—Check mail. Realize the rest of my tax information came. Contemplate doing my taxes, decide today is not the day.

12:05 p.m.—Realize all I have to eat is spinach. So I go to the Grille to grab some chicken to eat with it. In the Grille, I run into softball teammates Alyssa [Bean] ’16 and Jess [Jessica Menary] ’13.

1:00 p.m.—Head to the Bear for a captain’s meeting with coach.

1:05 p.m.—Realize meeting is actually next week, stay and chat with coaches anyways.

1:45 p.m.—Head to Party Cove with every intention of doing homework. Do homework until Tuchi [Dylan Bartuch] ’15 returns and realize that homework is now an unrealistic expectation.

3:00 p.m.—Tuchi leaves for class (sad) and homework resumes. By homework I mean looking up life hacks. So many things one can do with a binder clip.

4:30 p.m.—Begin softball practice. Best part of the day!

6:35 p.m.—Practice is over. Jess and I take an ice bath. Brrrr Thank you Scilla [Priscilla Lowther, Athletic Trainer]!

7:00 p.m.—We head to dinner.

7:30 p.m.—Back to Party Cove for back massages.

8:00 p.m.—Fuji and I learn how to play 2K and complete what may be the lowest scoring game in 2K history.

8:30 p.m.—Fuji and I realize snacks would be way better than studying. Anthony LaMacchia [’16] and Tuchi decide to stay in the Cove, insisting they aren’t hungry.

8:45 p.m.—We return and the smell of Grille food drives LaMacchia and Tuchi to realize that they actually want Grille food. They leave almost immediately.

8:46 p.m.—Fuji and I commence jumping on the beds and shooting the Rocky poster with Nerf guns for target practice.

9:00 p.m.—We realize we actually have a lot of work to do and studying begins.

1:15 a.m.—I head back to Spanish House and hit the hay. Upon setting my alarm, realize I have to be up for work in 4 hours. Oops, I guess I’ll need another nap in Princess Palace tomorrow.