Horoscope: What your sign says about your Friendsgiving dinner role

Henry Loomis

Aries

March 21-April 19

THE TASTE TESTER
You are the loveable menace of the Friendsgiving dinner, by which we mean that you are going around sticking your finger in everything before it’s ready. Who took a bite out of the pumpkin pie? It was Aries.

Taurus

April 20-May 20

THE HOST

Everyone likes coming to your place the best, anyway, so it’s almost unspoken that you’ll be hosting Friendsgiving, and that’s more than fine by you. Candles will be lit, throw blankets will be thrown, but make no mistake — this is not an excuse to arrive underdressed. You expect your guests to stage an autumnal fashion moment.

Gemini

May 21-June 21

THE RUNNER

If someone forgets an ingredient or the house bartender runs out of ice, you’re on deck to duck out and grab whatever the party needs. It’s a worthy sacrifice, and if you want something done right, you do it yourself. Plus, you never say no to a little fresh air.

Cancer

June 22-July 22

THE SHRINK

The holidays often bring relational drama, and you’re equipped to deal with it sensitively and effectively. Don’t be surprised if a gaggle of guests forms around you and the charcuterie board to vent, cry and tell their side of the story as you dish out your wisdom.

Leo

July 23-August 22

THE CONTROVERSIAL UNCLE

You are going to pick a fight at the table, and you are going to win — or go down in spectacular flames trying. We applaud your commitment, truly.

Virgo

August 23-September 22

THE FIRST TO ARRIVE

With a side dish that everyone will be talking about all evening. And you’re the best dressed. You respect the function! If the Taurus in your life were willing to leave the house, you’d be hosting.

Libra

September 23-October 23

THE BARTENDER

And, therefore, the vibe curator. You have been researching a specialty cocktail recipe for weeks. You have designed an elaborate yet functional and delicious garnish. Yes, there’s a non-alcoholic version — you have something for everybody.

Scorpio

October 24-November 21

THE PET SITTER

You arrive, you exchange pleasantries and then you retire with a glass of something to a quiet corner where you can hang out with the cat all night. Depending on what the household has to offer, you could also get along with a dog, a parrot, a reptile — you’re quite adaptable.

Sagittarius

November 22-December 21

THE DJ

Also known as vibe co-curator. You’ve got a contingency plan for every possible mood — you have a 30-minute jazz set for the cocktail hour, then you move into something a little more festive for dinner. Should the shindig develop into a dance party, and you hope it does, you have that covered, too.

Capricorn

December 22-January 19

THE DESIGNATED DRIVER

You’re the responsible friend when everybody else gets a little too rowdy. Your whip represents the multitudes you contain — you might let an extra passenger or two hitch a ride in the trunk, but everyone else will keep their seatbelts on, or you will pull this car over!

Aquarius

January 20-February 18

THE HEAD CHEF

You have a vision for this meal and intend to execute it flawlessly. Guests who can hold their own with a chef’s knife are welcome to support you in the kitchen, as long as they can follow directions — all others are asked to kindly stay out of your way and enjoy the final product.

Pisces

February 19-March 20

THE LIABILITY

Oh, Pisces. You got too drunk and invested in Cancer’s healing circle, and now you’ve landed yourself a spot in Capricorn’s car. Don’t worry, they’ll get you home safely — or maybe if Taurus is feeling generous, they’ll let you curl up on the couch for the night.