Letter to the Editor: Wishing You a Great Year

Greetings from the Grinnell College Alumni Council.

As summer winds down and another academic year begins, we hope that you’re enjoying your time on campus and gearing up for a terrific fall semester.

Regardless of class year, we know that you’re contemplating exciting and important decisions: declaring a major, study abroad program choices, extracurriculars, and, for third- and fourth-years especially, questions about what comes after Grinnell.

Wherever you are on your journey, rest assured that you have a variety of resources to serve as a guide. One of these is the Alumni Council. We’re 26 Grinnell College alumni with an array of college majors, minors, and concentrations, and an equally diverse set of professional experiences. Whether you’re looking for insights in finance, health care, management consulting, art, academia, or other fields, we’re here to help. Think of us as a complement to the Center for Careers, Life, and Service.

Look for us on campus October 10-12 during Volunteer Weekend. In partnership with the Center for Careers, Life, and Service we’ll host a reception at Harris on Friday, October 11, from 4:45-5:45 pm where students can speak with alumni about life after Grinnell, and build prospective contacts for future endeavors. Contact wolffmit@grinnell.edu for more information. We encourage you to sign up, stop by, and make a new connection.

In the meantime, visit https://alumni.grinnell.edu/volunteer/alumni-council for more information on Alumni Council’s mission and what we do, and to learn more about each member.

Have a great year and we look forward to meeting you!