Scouting for cookies? Here’s how to get Girl Scout cookies in Grinnell this spring

Adventurefuls+is+a+new+caramel-flavored+Girl+Scout+cookie+available+to+Grinnell+residents+beginning+Feb.+5.+Photo+from+public+domain.+
Adventurefuls is a new caramel-flavored Girl Scout cookie available to Grinnell residents beginning Feb. 5. Photo from public domain.

Grinnell Girl Scouts are back! Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Trefoils and eight other flavors will be available beginning Feb. 5 in Grinnell and at tables across Poweshiek County.  

While the Girl Scout process may sometimes seem mysterious, don’t worry: the S&B has you covered. And when it comes to cookies, if there’s a will, there’s a way.  

When can I buy cookies? 

Cookie sales officially began Feb. 1, but tabling didn’t start in Grinnell until Saturday, Feb. 5 when cookie boxes arrived from Des Moines. Cookie sales last until March 26.  

Where can I find cookies? 

Those who know the art of the cookie trade know that most cookie sales are periodic, random, and unexpected; the S&B sadly does not know when the cookie sellers will strike next, especially with COVID-19 limiting some in-person sales — but Scouts frequently table in the Joe Rosenfield Center or in front of Walmart.  

Students can contact Grinnell Cookie Chairs Deb Brown (641-990-3211) and Linda Tish (641-990-6403) for additional questions. Students can also reach out via the local Facebook group “Hey Grinnell, Did You Know …”  

Other booth locations in Iowa can be found at www.girlscoutsiowa.org, or on Girl Scouts of the U.S.A.’s free app “Girl Scout Cookie Finder.” However, most Grinnell locations will be impromptu, and may not be posted online.  

How much do Girl Scout cookies cost? 

Cookies are $5 per box, and proceeds go back to the Grinnell Girl Scouts for science, technology  and engineering education, activities and service projects for Grinnell. 

Anything else? 

Yes! This spring cookie season also brings a new cookie flavor: Adventurefuls. The brownie cookie is filled with salted-caramel creme and drizzled with syrup.