Day in the Life

6:43 a.m. — Wake up and start phone tree to mobilize the masses.
7:06 a.m — Go to Rabbitt’s Tavern for Tequila Sunrises with [scribner] et al.
8:57 a.m. — Walk to A&M Café in the blizzard for baco-vegetarian breakfast. Debrief morning and discuss structural inequalities with AJust-trained facilitators.
9:55 a.m.—12:05 p.m. — Babysit nine-month-old Penelope, daughter of bourgeoisie intellectuals. We read baby books in Portugese, watch Vicente Fernandez videos on Youtube and take a nap to her favorite white-noise cd.
12:15 p.m. — Make oddly shaped crepes and drink organic wine with Magali at la maison française. Magali, téléphone-moi, (952) 220-3565 😉
12:44 p.m. — Stop by the Burrow (1126 Broad Street) to scrounge for baked goods, root vegetables, leftover quinoa and gossip.
1:03—1:57 p.m. — Sit in Burling and read “Nourishing Traditions: the Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats,” laugh way too loudly at [secrets] about people being loud in the library.
2:17 p.m. — Kesho class is the best ever. After an awkwardly tense discussion of mother’s day, we listen to 20 pages of Jane Fonda’s memoir and ride the sister-ship against the waves of patriarchy.
3:30 p.m. ­—Decide to go sledding!
3:42 p.m. —Too windy. Decide not to go sledding.
4—6 p.m. — Sort of help Burrow ladies cook dinner slash research diva cups (slash harass [hederman] for checking out porn on my Family Video account and not returning it.)
7:00 p.m. — Social Justice-themed Forum! Per usual, I am in charge of explaining the first eight terms in the packet.
9:00 p.m. — Suggest horrible ice-breaker —“If you were a time zone…”—at No Limits meeting. Everyone participates to humor me, but no one is pleased.
10:00 p.m. — F.U.N. in the pub (Friends Unpacking Now, duh)!!
12:09 p.m. — Cried because no one would watch Hair with me. Relieved anguish by doing ritual, secret check of [ajust], [nolimits] and [voicebox] e-mail accounts. Because I can’t let go.
12:57 p.m. — Me and the rats in my wall call it a night. Countdown ‘til Grinnell departure: nine days…