Day in the Life

1:07 a.m. – I wake to notice I am alone. Beside me is usually my fiancée who, it seems, has ended up in the kitchen/front room area, unbeknownst both to herself and to me. We retire once again while discussing the absurdity of the situation.
6:30 a.m. – Air raid siren of an alarm signals me to swiftly rise and attack the day. I get my metrosexual on while conversing with my fiancée and we again chuckle about her journey to the kitchen/front room.
6:55 a.m. – The drive to the office is occupied by the creation of a daily affirmation which will be posted on my Facebook profile, a requirement from
my status readers that a new one must be displayed Tuesday through Friday.
7:25 a.m. – Vanilla cappuccino helps the day begin. Final texts of “Be Safe” & “I Love You” are sent to my fiancée—her day is also beginning. Facebook status affirmation complete.  Phone calls will be the order of the morning.
8:40 a.m. – While accepting/returning calls I sort through roughly 100 potential book titles for what will become a compilation of positive daily affirmations. I settle on ten-ish.
10:45 a.m. – Breaking from the monotony I accept a few personal phone calls to review the findings from our paranormal investigation of a residence. Exciting to say the least. Tea, turkey sandwich and a 100-calorie pack of chips supplements me until my next chance at provisions.
1:30 p.m. – A short excursion and talk about two potential locations we have been requested to investigate due to evidence of haunting.
2 p.m. – Schedule check—appointments have moved, cancelled and booked. Confirmation phone calls are made. E-mails are answered.
2:20 p.m. – Client arrives unhappy with jewelry selection, size and migration of a piercing not performed by me, but instead by a house piercer. This could mean DISEASE, people!
3 p.m. – Appointment, a simple piercing around the rim of the upper ear. The client is a pro, this is not her first rodeo. The slight amount of blood clots, smiles are had all around, money changes hands, off she goes.
3:34 p.m. – Review Power Point for Regional Health Inspectors meeting. Make changes, save for transport—ahead of schedule as usual.  Listening to horrendous musical selections on Internet radio, an example of what occurs when it’s set on “A Day to Remember” by co-workers.
4:16 p.m. – Off to make copies of necessary release forms and care instructions. Once again a vanilla cappuccino keeps my wheels turning.
4:32 p.m. – Compiling articles of Damn Straight (my advice column) from blog posts into book format for future print publishing. The sweet awesomeness of pure monotony!
4:42 p.m. – A Vietnam Veteran arrives to inquire about tattooing. I am blown away by what he shares. THIS is a big deal, I focus on every word. This is history, I am lucky to hear it first-hand!
5 p.m. – I find that some appointments reschedule for the following day, opening a large hole in my schedule.
5:30-8 p.m. – Book cover artwork is approved, piercings happen, consultations arise, tools are autoclaved, jewelry ordered.
8 p.m. – Arrive back at the sanctuary of comfort, shed the day’s stress, cuddle with my lady and my kitties, take in food-like provisions and wind down.
9 p.m. – A selection of film is made to whet our creative appetites prior to the post-day, pre-slumber regimen of a short, yet hopefully effective, weight work-out.
11:30ish p.m. – I reminisce about what was and could have been, vowing that tomorrow will be more full and fulfilling. I drift off while holding tight the most important person in my life, our kitties nestled upon us.