Day in the Life: Amul Gyawali ’15

DITL Amul G.7:00 a.m.—Struggle with waking up, until my roommate’s British speaking alarm does the trick.

7:30 a.m.—Shower, get ready and then attempt my version of Eggs to Order. I’m getting closer to the real deal.

8:00 a.m.—Walk over to St. Paul’s, where my history class meets for a “walking tour” of the area. Grumble at the “tourists” in our way.

10:00 a.m.—Go back to my flat to finish my readings for class, but feel guilty for doing readings in LONDON, so go for a walk instead.

11:30 a.m.—Get sick of walking around so sit in a park and try doing readings there. Doesn’t happen. Nap time.

12:30 p.m.—Wake up in time to rush to my theatre class, to discuss the previous night’s West End show we watched. Sheila cringes at being called “professor.” I find that funnier than I should.

4:00 p.m.—(See 10:00 a.m.)

5:00 p.m.—Run into Emily (Twedell ’15) and Dany (Jaime Garcia ’15) and tag along to be a part of their newest adventure.

6:30 p.m.—Get back to my flat and get on my computer. See Amelia (Greenberg ’16) and Anna (Duke ’16) online and have a Skype session to catch up on things. Also just to laugh some more.

7:15 p.m.—Muster enough courage to try the British 2-in-1 washing-drying machine. No one dies.

7:30 p.m.—Flat dinner with Joe (Engleman ’14), Stephen (Gruber-Miller ’15), Tess (Given ’15) and Mollie (Read ’15). Still not missing Choung Garden yet.

8:30 p.m.—Head down to the pub to catch the midweek Arsenal game.

9:00 p.m.—Make friends with other Arsenal fans in the pub. We also win (it happens sometimes).

9:30 p.m.—Joined in the pub by my flat mates. Thomas (Grabinski ’15) turns up, too. It gets real.

10:30 p.m.—Try another pub in hopes of cheaper pints. More expensive, but we stay anyway.

11:30 p.m.—Stephen talks us into a late fish & chips at Fryingdon’s, the finest fast food in Islington.

12:30 a.m.—Get back home and feel terrible about not doing any work. Remember I have classes just two days a week. Don’t need to do readings for another three days.

1:00 p.m.—Watch post-match reactions to the Arsenal game till I fall asleep.