Day in the Life–Spencer Liberto ’15

6:45 a.m. – Alarm clock goes off.

7:23 a.m. – My roommate worries about me. He mumbles something about “not being my Mom.” Damn straight, he’s nowhere near as beautiful or elegant.

7:35 a.m. – I partake in a Dining Hall breakfast. What’s with that new juice in the juice dispenser? No way am I trying that.

Joanna Silverman

7:52 a.m. –Leave for my 8 a.m., Betty helps me sneak some turnovers.

10:16 a.m. – My professor realizes that I have not done the readings.

10:50 a.m. – I finish my morning classes.

10:58 a.m. – The Outtakes line is waaaayyyy too long. How do people run over here this fast?

11:02 a.m. – I leave the Outtake line and do a comp-sci reading.

11:15 a.m. – I go back for an Outtake, welcomed by a 3-person line. Who has best utilized their time now? I proceed to Burling to get some more work done.

11:24 a.m. – I arrive at Burling, and sit down in a study cubby. I consider eating my Outtake, but am worried that that the sound and smells of my Outtake would disturb other library goers.

11:26 a.m. – I eat my Outtake. I am disappointed by the salad. The cookies do not disappoint me.

12:21 p.m. – Feeling sleepy, maybe a quick nap. After scouting the premises, I choose to take a nap inside a ‘jungle gym’ structure.

3:09 p.m. – Wake up. I won’t be late for my 3:15. Awesome. I pack up and saunter off to Noyce 3rd in a flustered fashion.

3:16 p.m. – I enter Noyce. I’m late for my 3:15. What the shit.

4:05 p.m. – I’m finished with classes for the day. I have the whole afternoon ahead of me.

4:30 p.m. – Internet.

5:58 p.m. – I head off to band practice.

6:08 p.m. – I arrive at band practice, unusually early.

6:37 p.m. – The cacophony of rock is raging through Freesound.

7:05 p.m. – I leave the practice with a sense of satisfaction, and head over to the JRC for an AppDev meeting.

7:10 p.m. – I arrive at the meeting late, but am the second one there.

7:30 p.m. – AppDev commences. [David] Cowden [’13] makes more excuses for not releasing G-Licious on Android yet. But that’s OK, because Cowden is an amazing person and deserves the best in life. The meeting segues into discussing Massachusetts.

7:45 p.m. – Travis [Law ’15] and I make excuses as to why KDIC on android isn’t up to speed. I reflect on how only negative aspects of AppDev are discussed at the meetings. I interject a positive statement, and am shot down.

8:15 p.m. – I meet my computer science lab partner.

9:15 p.m. – We finish our lab.

10:45 p.m. – We finish our lab write-up.

10:46 p.m. – We compress our files wrong, files are lost, hours of work has been undone.

10:48 p.m. – Everything is OK, the files weren’t in the right folder.

11:00 p.m. – I enter my room. My roommate locks his sideroom door. I ask if he wants to make some food with me. He unlocks the door. He and his girlfriend emerge from the sideroom. We head out to the kitchen.

11:20 p.m. – The three of us relax with a bowl of mac & cheese.

11:30 p.m. – We stroll back to the room. Our third roommate is in the room. The triple unites!

11:32 p.m. – The third roommate expresses dissatisfaction in missing our mac & cheese social. The topic of conversation is changed.

11:50 p.m. – Everyone heads to bed.

12:30 p.m. – I emerge from my sideroom. Both of my roommates are still awake. Bromance tickle fight!

12:40 a.m. – Someone is punched. Everyone agrees that the bromance tickle fight is generally a bad idea.

12:45 a.m. – Everyone heads to bed.

12:47 a.m. – Internet.