Taking it all in

This article is a part of The S&B’s Anniversary Project. See the entire project here.

These photos, while they may not immediately seem particular to this week, reflect the specific intent of many cameras: to take in what may be their last experience of Grinnell for the indefinite future.

8th Avenue sunrise

Photo contributed by Kaitlyn Goss-Peirce.

The moon hangs over a near-empty campus at the end of the week.

Ahrens walk

Photo contributed by Abraham Teuber.

Hannah Agpoon `22 climbs the hill at Ahrens Park the morning of Sunday, March 15. After a night up late with friends, Agpoon and her roommate Abraham Teuber `22 woke up early for one last walk through Grinnell before departing campus later that day. (Abraham Teuber is a features and arts editor for The S&B.)

Blackboard bird

Photo contributed by Destiny Magnett.

Throughout the week, messages were written, erased and replaced on the blackboard outside the HSSC on 8th Ave, such as this mixed message from one of the fabled campus crows.

Cloudy skies

Photo contributed by Rylee Beltran.

The last sunset seen by Rylee Beltran `22. “It felt absolutely unreal, like I was in the end credits of a movie. I remember being too stressed to cry and too scared not to,” wrote Beltran. “I went back to my room to pack up the rest of the last few years of my life into any box and suitcase I could find.”

“You make Grinnell special”

Another message on the 8th Ave blackboard from Kaitlyn Goss-Peirce `20’s last day on campus.

8th Avenue sunset

Photo contributed by Lucy Polyak.

The sky over 8th Avenue cast blue by a sunset on Tuesday, March 11. “I was walking home from dinner and wanted to get as many ‘last moments’ pictures as possible,” wrote Lucy Polyak `23.