Packing up

This article is a part of The S&B’s Anniversary Project. See the entire project here.

Apart from the emotional toll of the week, students needed to find time to empty their dorms and pack up their belongings on an unexpectedly quick timeline. Here are photos taken in the rushed and frantic moving-out process.

Mid-packing morning

Photo contributed by Claire Burns.

Al Kochetkova `23, surrounded by bags and boxes, borrows their roommate Claire Burns `23’s sheets after packing up their own bedding on the morning of Saturday, March 14.

Dumpster diving

Photo contributed by Destiny Magnett.

Outside of Haines Hall, Abby Doudna `20 and Destiny Magnett `22 sit on a couch in a dumpster brought to make room for students’ hastily discarded stuff.

Dorm mid-move

Photo contributed by McKenna Doherty.

The chaos of campus can be felt in the clutter of McKenna Doherty `22 and Mary Binzley `22’s Loose double as they pack up their belongings.

Main Quad storage

Photo contributed by Em Odesser.

Main Quad transforms into an emergency storage space to ease the overflowing trunk rooms. As the space filled, students were instructed to leave their belongings boxed and labeled in their rooms to be moved to storage later.

Moving out of Read

Photo contributed by Erin Ritter.

Ella Mullin and Clare Roarty, both `22, share a bittersweet glance as they bid farewell to their beloved dorm on Read 3rd, arms full of the last few items from their room.

Loose free-for-all

Photo contributed by Maya Dru.

Loose Lounge cluttered with neglected belongings left behind by students rushing to pack up their dorms.

Emptied single

Photo contributed by Audrey Boyle.

Audrey Boyle, Conner Stanfield and Ahon Gooptu (left to right), all `21, lounge in Stanfield’s empty Clark Pit single immediately before he left for his flight home. “Also you can see I have bangs in this photo ‘cause I couldn’t even wait for everyone to leave before I had to cut my bangs,” wrote Boyle.

Leaving Food House

Photo contributed by Caroline Shea.

A bare room in Food House snapped by Caroline Shea `22 while in the process of “moving out of treasured project house community.”