Students speak: NBA playoff predictions

With the NBA playoffs fully underway, The S&B sent writer Lily Bohlke and photographer Mahira Faran to get the scoop on the how students think things will turn out. Not only did we ask who people are supporting, but we want to know: What are the Cavs doing wrong? Are the 76ers legit?

Who are you rooting for? Celtics. What do you think of the Cavs’s lackluster performances? It’s the Kardashian curse. Who’s going to the Finals? I’m gonna say Celtics just cause like, my boys, and then I think Golden State.                           Abby Thomson ’19
Who are you rooting for? Well I’m from Wisconsin, so go Milwaukee. Go Bucks. What do you think of the Cavs’s lackluster performances? I think that it’s just been a long season and they’ll pick it up when they need to. Who’s going to the Finals? I have a feeling it’s gonna be Golden State again, I feel like Steph Curry’s just hot all the time and has got a good team behind him.                                       Sidney Litke ’19
Who are you rooting for? I’m rooting for the 76ers. Do you think they’re title contenders? No. Why? Because they’ve sucked for so long, I’m just rooting for them because they’re the underdog. Who do you think is gonna be in the Finals? I’m gonna say the Rockets and the Celtics. Noah Jacobson ’20
Who are you rooting for? The Timberwolves. What do you think of the Cavs’s lackluster performances? I think, well I don’t actually know that much about basketball and I just follow it because of my friends, but from what I know, I think it’s like Kyrie leaving and then not being able to fill in that gap.                                           Ayon Dey ’18
Who are you rooting for? Indiana Pacers. Do you think the 76ers are contenders? I think so, Cleveland is playing like shite, like they’re having a hard time against Indiana. 76ers are better than Indiana. Then who’s going to the Finals? I think 76ers and Golden State.                   Jonghoon Bae ’18
Who are you rooting for? I’m rooting for the Timberwolves. Do you think they’re contenders? Yeah, sure, Timberwolves, and Cavaliers — could that happen? [“Sure,” interjected Bae]. There you go.                                Duncan Ward ’20