Grinnell Tigers Debuts New Website

Grinnell Tigers Debuts New Website

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 6.14.45 PM

FINAL CLAW THRU PAPERFINAL CLAW THRU PAPERFINAL CLAW THRU PAPERSamuel Curry

currysam@grinnell.edu

A new website, grinnelltigers.com, was recently launched to serve high school sports teams in the city of Grinnell.

The website, a creation of DigitalTown.com, will provide up to date information about the Grinnell-Newburg Community School District sports teams, such as game scores, schedules, photos, videos and live streams of games in action.

Additionally, Tigers fans can use the site to purchase Grinnell Tigers merchandise and access archival yearbook images.

“From our ongoing communication with members of the community, we know that there is tremendous interest in the idea of a community site for Tigers fans. The grinnelltigers.com site offers exciting ways for community members to stay informed and interact,” said Jack Londgren, Community Manager of grinnelltigers.com, in a press release from DigitalTown, Inc.

People who register on the site can receive a free grinnelltigers.com email address as well as a TigerBucks account that will allow members to send and receive money to other members without having to pay additional fees.

The press release advertises a number of ways that the website will benefit the community, such as providing advertising space for local businesses.

Additionally, the website will be a crucial platform for certain Tiger teams, according to the developer.

“Organizations, particularly not football, baseball, or basketball, but the others sports and clubs…need a voice, they need a platform, and they have therefore the ability to tell their story and to build their network with the community, and to do so without any expense,” said Jack Monster, CEO of DigitalTown, Inc.

In addition to allowing Grinnell sports fans to donate to their teams, the website will allow them to watch their games on the Internet using a live streaming service. The goal is to allow fans outside the community to continue to support their teams.

The site provides “the ability to live steam an event that would otherwise go unseen for example by a bed-ridden senior citizen … or a dad that’s on a business trip in another time zone,” Monster said.

Finally, the site will provide an opportunity for students hoping to play sports in college to have an online platform for college recruiters and for tracking their own progress.

The site has future plans to release a mobile application and add additional staff members, such as writers, photographers, videographers, and advertising sales people.

Grinnellians interested in the site can check out grinnelltigers.com and sign up for mobile updates and view team rosters and livestreams.