Sports Reports

Volleyball

The volleyball team competed in St. Catherine Tournament in St. Paul, Minn. last weekend. The team lost all four of its matches to Hamline University, St. Catherine’s University, University of Wisconsin-Stout and St. Olaf College. Claire Weidman ’15 led the team with 46 kills total in four games.

Women’s  Soccer

The women’s soccer team claimed a victory in its first Midwest Conference match against Knox 3-0 last Saturday. In the home match, Kristen Stacey ’16 and Julia Sauerhaft ’15 scored in the first half, while Nora Sahel ’17 found the back of the net in the second half to put the finishing touch in the game to seal the victory. On the next day, however, the team fell to Wartburg College 3-0, placing the season record at 4-4.

Men’s Golf

Evan Bunis ’18 shot three-over-par 74 to finish in sixth place at the Simpson Fall Invitational on Wednesday, Sept. 24.

Men’s Soccer

In its Midwest Conference opener against Knox College last Saturday, the men’s soccer team lost 3-0. However, the team bounced right back the day after, defeating Buena Vista University 4-0. In the win, Joey Brown ’15, who recorded an assist in each of the four goals, set a new school record for most assists in a single game. Brown broke the previous record of three, which was tied on Sept. 10 against Coe College by Artis Curiskis ’18. Jake O’Polka ’15 and Ben Warner ’15 each recorded a goal in the first half, while Curiskis scored two in the second half to seal the victory.

Women’s Golf

The women’s golf team finished in third place out of five teams at the Pheasant Ridge Tournament held in Cedar Falls, IA last Sunday. In the event, Hailey Speck ’15 and Lauren Yi ’18 posted top-10 finishes. Speck came in sixth hitting 86, 14 over par while Yi was tied in seventh hitting 87. Sam Hengst ’18 tied for 11th with an 89.