Letter to the editor: Wellness Lounge is a rejuvenating space

Dear Grinnell,

Welcome back! We at the Wellness Lounge are looking forward to our first full year on campus.

We hope you have had a chance to check out our space on JRC second, and would love to give a better sense of what the Wellness Lounge is all about. The Lounge was created last year by a group of students who saw the need for a student space that encouraged Grinnellians to take time for themselves in an intentional and positive way. After receiving the Grinnell Innovation Grant, the Wellness Lounge came to life last spring. The Wellness Lounge is a space created by students, for students (though of course we encourage faculty and staff to utilize the space as well!). The Lounge was founded on the principles of positive psychology, which means that we see it as a space full of suggestions and activities that can be actively used to better one’s wellness. 

The Wellness Lounge is intended to be a rejuvenating space and we hope you will use it to take a few moments for yourself—whether it is getting a massage in the chair, learning how to meditate with the iPad apps, working on a puzzle or craft with friends or just sitting and relaxing. Keep an eye out for upcoming events and make sure to stop by our Open House Thursday, Sept. 25 at 8 p.m.

To stay updated on the Lounge and events, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/WellnessLoungeGrinnell. We welcome your thoughts and suggestions at [thelounge].

Here’s to a happy and healthy year,

Daria Brosius ’15, Executive Director

Jenny Dong ’17, Technology Director

Elsa Goldman ’15, Finance Director

Christine Hood ’17, Communications Director

Dana Sly ’15, Education Director

Teya Voyce ’15, Art Director