Do the Drake

Drake Library - Photo by Eric Mistry
Drake Library – Photo by Eric Mistry

This off-campus haven is filled with super friendly staff and offers a different experience than Burling or Kistle. The focus is on recreational rather than academic reading and has a great local vibe. Head down Park Street, just south of the preschool, and see what the community library can offer you!

There are a variety of meeting and study spaces within the library, ranging in size from two to three person study rooms to a 100-person meeting hall. There are also an abundance of easy chairs inviting you to curl up with a book. Whether it’s Shakespeare for class or Harry Potter for a magical escape, the Drake has what you need.

The library is stocked with a variety of enjoyable books for pleasure reading, offers music and eBook downloads and features a unique crowdsourced local history archive open to all. All of these resources are provided for free by the library; all you need to do is sign up for a library card. Remember, having fun isn’t hard when you’ve got a library card!

The building itself is open and inviting, with plenty of natural light and friendly locals. It feels great to visit a library that is more about enjoying reading than writing papers. Take a break from campus life, grab a book and relax at the Drake. Drake - Eric Mistry