Marketplace on Main

A recent addition to the town of Grinnell, the Marketplace on Main is the ultimate go-to place for anyone looking for a wide variety of things to buy or do. The Marketplace is an amalgamation of 21 different businesses.

Store offerings range from home décor and furnishings, including guitar-shaped pillows, to intricate watercolor paintings, self-care products such as Dirty Gertie Goat Milk Soap and, of course, food.

Marketplace!

The selection of goodies available paves the way for absolute indulgence. Customers are met with an assortment of gourmet kettle corn, chocolate-covered pretzels, locally baked bagels, hand-packed customizable ice cream from The Mixing Studio, chocolate truffles and more.

This shop truly caters to all sorts of needs. Having consumed some caloric confections, if one should feel a sudden creative urge, the Marketplace offers several artistic options.

Customers at Messy Missy’s paint-your-own-pottery studio choose from a selection of ceramic pieces, paint them, have them glazed and end up with a hand-made masterpiece. Scrap-It Plus, located in the basement of the store, is home to a wide range of scrapbooking materials such as tools, frames and papers.

The best part about the Marketplace is that there is something to interest everyone. Though many items are somewhat expensive, the store is most definitely worth a visit.

The vendors at the Marketplace also happen to have found a way to alleviate the guilty conscience that may arise from overspending—a portion of proceeds go towards a charity of the customer’s choice.

Hours:
10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday–Saturday
12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays.