Grinnell Sporting Goods

A fairly new addition to the town’s Main Street, Grinnell Sporting Goods opened in May 2010 across from McNally’s Foods at 1020 Main Street. The shop took over a niche that was previously only partially filled by a few aisles of sport equipment at Wal-Mart. With items for sports including football, volleyball and wrestling, the store caters towards Grinnell’s active population.

A great service that Grinnell Sporting Goods offers is custom apparel. The store has processed orders from both the College and Grinnell High School, embroidering and screen-printing clothing for teams of Pioneers and Tigers.

Even though the slightly bare interior of the store makes it hard to believe, the store does indeed have a good selection of items for different types of sports, as well as selling various types of footwear.

“We have sporting goods of all kinds, from swimming to tennis and racquetball,” said Eric Rees, the store’s owner.

If the store doesn’t carry what you’re looking for, don’t worry—Rees offers to special order items for customers upon request. Another special deal can be found on the store’s active Facebook page¬—every week, customers are given a chance to win a five-dollar Grinnell Sporting Goods gift certificate by answering sports trivia questions.

Hours:
Monday – Friday: 9 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 p.m. – 3 p.m.