Dear diary, I think I’m in love…with my body!

When I asked for directions to Eco House last Sunday, I was told that it is the home with the “bushy patch” of prairie grass in front—an ironically appropriate description for a house hosting a nude baking event.

I was immediately greeted by skin and smiles when I entered the kitchen. The hosts gave me freedom to undress to whatever degree of nudity I felt comfortable with, so the pants came off. However, there were unfamiliar faces—and nipples—in the room, so I decided to leave my skimpies on for the time being.
Two desserts were on the menu—carrot cake cupcakes and chocolate-Craisin cookies. The small kitchen, in my opinion, provided an exceptional facility for nude baking. The very purpose of nude events is to share your bodily-identity with others—wriggling between racks and brushing against cheeks while fetching the brown sugar definitely fosters such intimacy. Note—cooking aprons cover only the front of the body!

Any apprehension I initially harbored passed through my mind as we prepared the food, and was soon replaced by a liberating freedom. Several more participants arrived, totaling about 10 people—some nude, some not.

Several people noted that the house was too cold and a nude baking event justified the environmental expense of turning up the heat. Eco House residents, however, demonstrated their values by utilizing an alternative heat source—when the snacks were done baking the oven door was left open, which increased room temperature by several degrees.

Despite the foretelling directions I was given, no bush was exposed. In retrospect, I wish I would have gone fully nude—but I didn’t want to be the only one. I asked for an apron but there were no extras. At Eco House’s next nude baking event—which they do plan on hosting—I will be sure to bring my own and undress.