Meet Your SGA Executive Candidates for the 2015-2016 Academic Year

Presidential candidates

Dan Davis ’16: ... I hope to work with the student body to create an enjoyable and healthy environment that all students are able to challenge themselves while having the support necessary to ensure their success. Photo by John Brady.
Dan Davis ’16: … I hope to work with the student body to create an enjoyable and healthy environment that all students are able to challenge themselves while having the support necessary to ensure their success.
Photo by John Brady.
Ben Dion ’16: Candidate by accident, President by choice. Photo contributed.
Ben Dion ’16: Candidate by accident, President by choice.
Photo contributed.
Matthew Grygo ’16: ... As President, I’ll adapt this mindset by shifting Campus Council’s agenda away from budgetary and management concerns to issues that directly concern the student body: overall student wellness, safety, and well-being. Photo by John Brady.
Matthew Grygo ’16: … As President, I’ll adapt this mindset by shifting Campus Council’s agenda away from budgetary and management concerns to issues that directly concern the student body: overall student wellness, safety, and well-being.
Photo by John Brady.
Misha Rindisbacher ’16: If elected, I plan to make SGA a more inclusive organization that focuses on smarter programming, self-governance and Grinnellians’ wellbeing. Photo by John Brady.
Misha Rindisbacher ’16: If elected, I plan to make SGA a more inclusive organization that focuses on smarter programming, self-governance and Grinnellians’ wellbeing.
Photo by John Brady.
Andy Troxell ’16: I hope to bring a fresh new perspective to student government and use it to provide transparency and creative new ideas #pancherosplatform. Photo contributed.
Andy Troxell ’16: I hope to bring a fresh new perspective to student government and use it to provide transparency and creative new ideas #pancherosplatform.
Photo contributed.

Vice President for Academic Affairs Candidates

Yousuf Hafuda ’16: ... I intend to provide Grinnellians with more time to fulfill their competing objectives, by integrating post-grad plans and skills into the classroom, working to reduce reading loads to encourage thoughtful readings of class texts and spreading work evenly across the semester to avoid periods of intense stress... Photo by John Brady.
Yousuf Hafuda ’16: … I intend to provide Grinnellians with more time to fulfill their competing objectives, by integrating post-grad plans and skills into the classroom, working to reduce reading loads to encourage thoughtful readings of class texts and spreading work evenly across the semester to avoid periods of intense stress…
Photo by John Brady.
Emma Lange ’16: ... I am dedicated to further improving the opportunities of all students to succeed during all of their four or more years on, and off, campus. Photo by Ellen Schoenmaker.
Emma Lange ’16: … I am dedicated to further improving the opportunities of all students to succeed during all of their four or more years on, and off, campus.
Photo by Ellen Schoenmaker.
Nelson Ogbuagu ’16: ... my goal is to create synergies between academic and extracurricular commitments ... and to keep campus fully aware of decisions and discussions occurring within administration and SGA. Photo by John Brady.
Nelson Ogbuagu ’16: … my goal is to create synergies between academic and extracurricular commitments … and to keep campus fully aware of decisions and discussions occurring within administration and SGA.
Photo by John Brady.

Vice President for Student Affairs Candidates

Eliana Schechter ’17: ... I would advocate for greater access to mental health resources, continue conversations on campus drinking and hook up cultures and ... improve communication between SGA and the campus community. Photo by John Brady.
Eliana Schechter ’17: … I would advocate for greater access to mental health resources, continue conversations on campus drinking and hook up cultures and … improve communication between SGA and the campus community.
Photo by John Brady.
Dixon Romeo ’16: ... I want to help improve student life ... but also advocate for [students] in regards to ... sexual assault, mental health, wellness, diversity and disability concerns. Photo by John Brady.
Dixon Romeo ’16: … I want to help improve student life … but also advocate for [students] in regards to … sexual assault, mental health, wellness, diversity and disability concerns.
Photo by John Brady.
Suha Gillani ’16: ... I plan to instate policies and changes that would ensure that you no longer have to run around to access resources from the administration, whether you are organizing an event or trying to print a paper to hand in just before the deadline... Photo contributed.
Suha Gillani ’16: … I plan to instate policies and changes that would ensure that you no longer have to run around to access resources from the administration, whether you are organizing an event or trying to print a paper to hand in just before the deadline…
Photo contributed.